This experience for me was a little strange. I felt like I got a lot of..."What the heck?" Looks from students on campus, and that's fine because I know I gave people the same looks wearing the masks when I didn't know what they were for. I don't think my pack had all the masks in it because it had one that was not blind at all and one where both the eyes were blacked out. I used the black out one and just went from totally blind, to blind in only the left or right eye by just peeling back the paper and tape. There also wasn't any instructions with the pack so I was really confused with how long to wear each mask, what I was supposed to experience with each mask, or which masks should be included in my pack.
Totally blind: Being blind was not so hard because I was just sitting in a lecture class and listening to the teacher. The thing that really shocked me was how good it felt to actually be able to see again when it was time to switch the mask up.
I kind of related this (and I don't really know at all), to babies that are deaf and then they can hear. They are not necessarily upset, but when they can hear it is just such an amazing experience for them.
http://youtu.be/UUP02yTKWWo
(above is the video of when the baby hears for the first time...if you haven't seen it you really should, it is so tender)
Half blind: For some reason it was weirder seeing out of only my right eye. I felt I had to turn my whole head a lot more to be able to see people or things and that was strange. With both my eyes though it was rather easy to see on the desk in front of me and to take notes, but looking at the board or reading the overhead projector was rather hard. I tried only a couple times and my vision was really blurry and I started to get a little headache so I stopped.
No comments:
Post a Comment