What would you tell a teacher who says that doing pre and post
assessments is just time wasted that could be used for instruction?
I think that this is a very good question. I can see where the teacher is coming from but then I can also see the benefits of both a pre and post assessment. When doing these tests you will be able to know what level the students are at before you give them instruction and then you will be able to learn how well they mastered instruction after. i think this is very important because it lets you know how well you are doing as a teacher in teaching a new concept and really helping the students learn what they are supposed to. You can make changes based on the pre assessment so you know where each student stands and you also know after the post assessment if you need to review the concept again or if there are only a few students that need help understanding the concept more.
No comments:
Post a Comment