Friday, March 13, 2015

"Pull out" or "Push in"

This is a very hard question that has really made me think. There are a list of pros and cons for each. There is a little boy in my classroom that I help teach at who has Down Syndrome. He has a Paraprofessional in the classroom with him but he is not able to do all of the things that the other students do inside the classroom. During math time she takes him to the back of the room to do math and literacy on the computer. Sometimes she takes him to the back carpet to do his own projects. He also leaves the classroom a lot with her to do testing. It is hard to say which one I would choose. I think it also depends on their amount of disability. I think I would probably lean more towards the "push in" options so that they can be around their peers and learn many life experiences that they may not be able to learn in a "push out" situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment