For my service hours I completed 4 hours and went to the Special Needs Extravaganza. It was a really cool experience. I went there early to set up. We hung up the artwork that they had worked on throughout the semester. There was also food that was set up and chairs facing the stage to get ready for the talent show.
There were a lot of people that showed up. It was a great event. I loved the talent show. Each one was able to get on stage and share one of their talents. I loved how brave there were and how happy they were when they got cheered on from the audience. There were a lot of them that decided to sing. A couple of them danced. One of them that was pretty funny was a guy who gave movie quotes.
There was another guy that did magic tricks. I loved to just see the happiness on their faces as they accomplished going up on stage and showing everyone their talent. After that they played games and they ate the little snacks. It was nice to talk to them and tell them how good they did. It was a great experience to be able to go to and support. I am so glad that I chose to go and use this activity for my service hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment