Friday, February 27, 2015

This Week

This week really made me think about what my feelings are on Intrinsic Motivation.  After taking motivation management I had really strong feelings on the subject.  I thought that our goal to get our students to a place where they are intrinsically motivated.  When Brother Beattie started talking about it in class I was positive that he would say the same thing.  It surprised me when he didn't and it really caused me to think about what intrinsic motivation is and if it is even possible.  After a lot of thinking I have decided that intrinsic motivation is kind of like becoming like Christ.  Our ultimate goal is to become like him but there is now way we can succeed without the atonement.  Intrinsic Motivation should be the ultimate goal that we have for our students but there is really no possible way it will happen.  Even if just feeling good is our motivation that can be seen as an external motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment