Friday, February 6, 2015
Cedar Rapids Case
After looking closely at the Cedar Rapids case this week I thought I had made up my mind to side with the parents. I felt like their problem was one that could easily be fixed by the school taking responsibility for the cost of medical care. The parents could not afford it. They wanted to keep their child in school but could not pay for the care. The discussion we had as a group just continued to solidify my opinion. A school should be a safe place where all children are welcome and can learn in the least restrictive environment. He needed to be with his peers and it seemed to me like the school paying was the only way to make that happen. During the class discussion my opinion was swayed a little. I had never considered that if they paid for one students medical needs they would have to begin to pay for a lot of other. I also never realized how much money it would cost for the school to take care of the bill. Although there were a lot of good arguments for both sides, I still side with the parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment