After learning about intrinsic motivation I don't think that it is real, at least for me I have never had the desire to do work unless it was for a good grade. In Jr. High and High School my parents paid me or gave me rewards for A's and I am certain I would have had stuff taken away if I had ever received an F, I never gave them the opportunity to use that tactic. I think the biggest part of my motivation to get good grades was my classmates. My class was fairly competitive with grades and would always compare scores on tests. I did not want to be ashamed of my grades when I would show them so that motivated me to study and do well so I could have the pride to go with the good grades. Today grades are still my motivation to go to class, study, and do well it has nothing to do with learning something for the sake of learning something.

No comments:
Post a Comment