Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Wheelchair
I did my hours in a wheelchair while i was visiting home one weekend. Since my mom has some trouble walking at times we have a wheelchair in our house. I felt a little lucky that I was able to do it at home because there would be less people looking at me. Even though there were a lot of hard things that we had to do in the wheelchair, seeing people look at you differently would probably be the hardest. The hardest physical thing to do was when I had to use the bathroom without using my legs. I could not believe just how difficult it was to do! It was also crazy hard to wash my hands i could barely reach the soap and could not reach the towel to dry my hands at all. Going up a hill was also really difficult. After i was done my arms ached. Overall this was i really interesting experience. I am glad I had it. It made me so much more aware of what students in wheelchairs have to do everyday. I hope that someday when i have a student in my class who is in a wheelchair I will remember this experience and be able to make accommodations to help my student because of my experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment