Monday, April 6, 2015

Wheelchair Experience

This was a pretty cool experience. I did not realize how hard it was to move around in a wheelchair. I did it for 2 and 1/2 hours and that was just a small experience of what people in wheelchairs have to go through. It was harder than I thought to go through doorways and go to the bathroom. I needed a lot of a help and it was so nice when people would push me around. It helped me to see the people willing to serve on this campus because they were all so kind to give me a helping hand. There were some doors that did not have the automatic button so it was nice to have people help me go through those. This experience was really good for me because it helped me realize what others have to go through and now when I see someone in a wheelchair I will be able to understand them a little bit more and I will be more willing to help them when they need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment